19 May 2012

How Nice

I am a sprig of mint, in this week's Things [It's Nice That]



The lovely people at It's Nice That write:


Lorna Scobie Illustrations

“Concertina” is one of my favourite words. It seemed so magical when I first learnt it and since then I’ve relished the opportunity to use the word whenever I can, because if you notice it’s a word rarely used in normal conversation. So this brings me onto the work of London illustrator Lorna Scobie who’s presented her lovely animal prints in – wait for it – concertina form, so that we may display all the critters together. As an animal lover, birds, tigers, iguanas and mooses are sprinkled throughout her jungle of work and there’s a lovely freehand style to the illustrations that take me back to the stacks of animal books I had as child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment